Last update 28/07/16
- The Archery Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Archery competitions of the 20th Maccabiah, subject to the approval of the Sport Department.
- The Archery competitions will be conducted according to the International World Archery Rules and Regulations.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and is registered for the Archery competitions.
- Each participating country may enter up to ten (10) competitors for each of the individual events in each category.
- For the team events, each participating country may enter one team of 4 competitors (3 + 1 reserve).
- For the males' competition, a minimum of four (4) entries by participating countries is required in each category.
- For the females' competition, a minimum of three (3) entries by participating countries is required, with no minimum number of competitors.
2. Venues and times
The sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Archery competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
3. Method of competition
a. Male: Individual competition will be held in Recurve and Compound and Bare bow divisions, at the following ranges: Recurve at 18m and 70m, Compound at 18m and 50m, and Bare Bow at 18m and 30m.
b. Female: Individual competition will be held in Recurve and Compound divisions, and Bare bow at the following ranges: Recurve at 18m and 70m, Compound at 18m and 50m and Bare Bow at 18m and 30m.
c. Mixed Team event: will be held in the Recurve, Compound and Bare divisions, with a minimum of three entries from the participating countries.
d. The competitions will be conducted in compliance with the World Archery (WA) regulations and according to the number of entries.
4. Judging and Event Management
The Sport Department together with the Archery Committee will be selected and guided by the Israel Archery Association, which will be responsible for the professional aspect of the competitions. The Committee will select a Judges' Committee and appoint a Director of Shooting and a Technical Delegate to oversee the technical aspects of the competitions. All other decisions will be made with the guidance of and in coordination with the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and the Sports Department.
The Organizing Committee, the Sports Department will help purchase the equipment necessary to meet the requirements of an international level of competition.
a. These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Rules and Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
b. In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the "Basic Rules and Regulations", the regulations written here will apply and be binding.